Clan Cameron Museum
miles from The Highland Club
The Clan Cameron Museum opened by Sir Fitzroy Maclean of Dunconnell in 1989.
"The Camerons have lived in Lochaber since the 14th century and the Museum traces the history of the Clan from its early beginnings to the present day, through 27 generations.
There is an extensive section on Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobite risings of 1715 and 1745 in which the Camerons played a crucial part."
History of clan Cameron from 14th century to present day
The clan’s part in the 1745 Jacobite uprising
The foundation of the Cameron Highlanders regiment
Story of the key role of Achnacarry as a WW2 training centre for Commandos
Clan history archives and reading room
Gifts for sale featuring the clan Cameron crest or tartan can be found in the shop
Winter: Open by appointment only - please text/whatsapp
Catriona 07900 217975 or email
to arrange your visit.
Summer: 1 April 2023 - 15 October 2023
Open daily 11am - 3pm