PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.
WHEN YOU MAKE A HOLIDAY RESERVATION REQUEST WITH US (WHETHER BY EMAIL, TELEPHONE OR POST), THESE CONDITIONS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU.
A provisional booking for our properties at the Highland Club can be made by telephone or e-mail after which a booking form will posted to you. Booking forms are also available on-line at www.thehighlandclub.co.uk. The person making the booking must be over 18 years of age.
Your booking will be confirmed following receipt of a completed booking form and full payment, or payment of £200 as a holding deposit. If the deposit is not received within 7 days, then the booking will lapse.
Payments are to be made in GBP(£) by credit card/debit card via SagePay. Note if payments are made using credit card there is a charge of 1.9% on your reservation, alternatively if you chose to pay via debit card there is no additional charge on your reservation.
If your booking is more than 6 weeks away, you may chose to pay a deposit only. The balance of the reservation payable is due no less than 7 weeks before the commencement of the guests’ holiday. If full payment has not been received by this date, the reservation will be cancelled and we hold the rights to release the dates for new bookings. Please note deposit cannot be refunded at this stage.
Bookings for the Christmas and New Year periods require payment in full when the reservation has been confirmed and this payment is non-refundable.
ARRIVING AND DEPARTING
Details of how to find your apartment and where to collect keys will be sent to you approximately 4 weeks prior to your arrival.
Please note that the properties are self-catering and The Highland Club does not have a 24 hour manned reception.
Check-in time is from 4pm – 9pm. Arrivals after 9.30pm must be by prior arrangement, with a possible surcharge payable on arrival of £25.00. Arrivals after midnight cannot be accommodated and guests will have to check in the following morning.
Check-out time is by 10am. If you wish to have an extended check-out time please contact the Rental Manager (their details will be provided on confirmation of your booking) who may be able to accommodate your request. If so this will attract a £25 surcharge.
The properties are furnished and decorated to a high standard for guests to enjoy. We therefore ask that you observe the following:
- We ask that you take proper care of your apartment, furniture, fixtures, fittings and soft furnishings.
- The above must be left in the same state of repair and condition as they were found
- The property is not a hotel room and therefore it is expected that the property is left clean and tidy on departure.
- You must notify the Rental Manager immediately of any breakages and damage. (You are legally bound to reimburse the owners for any replacement, repair or cleaning costs that they incur on your behalf)
- We ask that you are courteous and give due consideration to other residents and staff members.
- We reserve the right to remove, without notice or refund, any person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour or malicious damage to the property (either within the apartment or at The Highland Club)
- We reserve the right to remove a guest whose occupancy exceeds that stated on the booking. (In this event any refund will be at the discretion of the owners)
For cancellations within 7 days of booking, you will receive a full refund (except when a booking is made within 14 days prior to arrival). After this time the deposit is non-refundable regardless of circumstance.
Our Refund policy is as follows:
- Cancellation within 7 to 4 weeks prior to arrival 50% of the payment (less deposit) will be refunded.
- Cancellation within 4 to 2 weeks prior to arrival 25% of the payment (less deposit) will be refunded.
- Cancellation within 14 days prior to arrival date 0% of the payment (less deposit) will be refunded.
Holiday cancellation insurance is not provided by us and is not included in the price of the holiday. All holidaymakers are recommended to take independent advice on appropriate holiday insurance.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the proprietor reserves the right, up to four weeks prior to your arrival, to cancel the booking and in this event will offer equal or better accommodation at The Highland Club or refund all booking payments. The proprietor is not liable for any additional cost of any alternative accommodation or liquidated damages, which must be paid by the guest.
We have a strict NO SMOKING policy and we ask our guests to adhere to this.
Guests are not permitted to bring their pets.
DAMAGE & INJURY
The owners of the property do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to any belongings, nor injuries sustained by the guest or any member of their party.
The maintenance and cleanliness of this facility is the responsibility of Highland Club Management Company, not individual apartment owners or their agents. They make every effort to keep it clean and tidy but, if it does not meet your expectations, please call 01320 366 498 and they will do their best to rectify it as soon as possible.
The pool does not have an attendant lifeguard and guests use the pool and associated facilities entirely at their own risk. The person making the booking confirms that all guests within their booking will read The Chapel Pool Complex Regulations (available within every property), prior to entering The Chapel Pool Complex and abide by those regulations at all times.
We note the following when using the pool:
- Guests must use the booking system to use the pool complex
- Swimmers below the age of 16 and non swimmers must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times
- No lone swimming is permitted
- No diving
- No running
- No food, drink or outdoor footwear is allowed
- The management company retain the right to refuse access or close the pool at anytime.
- Detailed rules are available in every apartment.
Please bring your own towels for use in the pool complex and please note that the swimming pool complex can get very busy during school holiday periods.
In the hopefully unlikely event of any problems during your stay, you must report it immediately to the Rental Manager who will attempt to resolve the matter immediately but if you remain dissatisfied you must put your complaint in writing to us within 14 days of your departure. A failure to notify us within this time period may mean that we will be unable to resolve your complaint.